Saturday: 5:00 PM (Sunday Anticipation)
Sunday: 9:00 & 11:00 AM
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 6:45 AM
Tuesday and Thursday: 9:00 AM; Saturday: 8:15 AM
Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The parish office is closed on major holy days and some holidays.
St. Jude Has Many Opportunities for Having Christ in Your Advent and Christmas Season!
Please see the attached for dates/times of Masses and other celebrations.
Living with COVID at Saint Jude Parish
1. Most church members and visitors who are adults have been vaccinated. The CDC feels strongly that the vaccines are effective against all current variants of COVID and so those vaccinated are personally safe even as they can transfer the virus to others (though at a more limited level).
2. Some adults due to their health cannot get successfully vaccinated.
3. Most children do not qualify for the vaccine until probably September or October. They are less likely to get seriously ill but that is still possible and they are susceptible to the newer variants including the rapidly moving Delta variant which carries more risks.
4. Our space has many COVID restrictions that can be adapted to the rapidly improving situation found in number one.
1. For weekend Masses, we will not use a sign-up system and have seating in every other pew for additional capacity. We will maintain a goal of social distance and section off the church to masked mandatory or optional sections: The masked mandatory section will be in the back third of the main part of church (and glassed rooms) and the two side shrine areas and will be marked by blue painter tape. The mask optional section will be the front two thirds of the main section of church and marked by green painter tape. This will allow masked people to not have unmasked people sitting behind them. All families should sit at least three feet from each other but find their own seating. We will continue moving the communion ministers out to the people. We have brought back paper bulletins distributed after Mass next to the collection baskets.
2. The weekday Mass times are: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6:45 AM; Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00 AM and Saturday at 8:15 AM. We will process up to the altar for these Masses while maintaining social distances.
3. For meetings with adults and with any age outdoors, masks are optional. Keep a mask with you so that a person who has the need for people to wear masks can reasonably ask people to make that accommodation.
4. We will continue monitoring the situation in our area for infection rates and possible new dangerous variants that might change this plan.
MASSES OF CHRISTIAN BURIAL
During the pandemic, we have put in place many safety measures for the protection of all who gather at Saint Jude the Apostle parish and school. This applies to funerals as well. Because of the design of our worship space and vestibule, we are not able to safely accommodate a visitation in church before a Mass of Christian Burial. If a family desires a visitation it would need to take place at a funeral home or some other venue.
R.C.I.A. is for adults who are interested in being baptized a Catholic Christian, or are already baptized in another Christian denomination and wish to become Catholic, or for adult Catholics who wish to be confirmed.
The format this year is quite flexible. The sessions can be virtual or in person with the safety precautions of social distancing and the wearing of masks. The day and timing of the sessions re adaptable as well.
Please contact Rob Hoffman (Cell: 414-828-2038).
OUR PARISH WELCOMES YOU!
ST. JUDE THE APOSTLE PARISH
734 Glenview Ave, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
EMAIL & TEXT UPDATES
Cookie Walk Detoured to "Sweet Street"
The popular Women of St. Jude Cookie Walk is taking a turn down "Sweet Street" again this winter. All items must be repaid. Please click here for the order form.
Saint Jude the Apostle Parish and School truly is our "Faith Family". With that in mind, we have initiated a new scholarship fund to provide financial support in our school community to those who have been impacted by Covid-19.
Our new Lighting the Way Educational Scholarship has been established to provide financial assistance to those families in need -helping our current Saint Jude students remain in our school.
We recognize this is a difficult time for all. However, we also know that some individuals, some companies, and some organizations are still in a position to support others financially.
You can donate to the Saint Jude Lighting the Way Educational Scholarship by clicking on the Support Us tab of this web site. Go to Online Giving and click on We Share. You can also donate by sending a check payable to:
Saint Jude the Apostle School, 800 Glenview Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
Please mark Lighting the Way Educational Scholarship in the memo notation.
TOSA FOOD PANTRY
AND TOSA FOOD PANTRY
SAINT JUDE THRIFT SHOP
Wednesdays 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Saturdays 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
December is "holly-days" at the Thrift Shop. When you spend $20, you will receive $5 off your purchase (before taxes) through Wednesday, December 22nd.
The Shop is closed Saturday, December 25 and January 1.
Volunteers are needed for the entire month of December. Please call the Thrift Shop at 414-259-0975, or email David Heckendorf at [email protected]
Director of Religious Education/ Pastoral Minister
Director of Parish Facilities
Director of Administrative Services
Parish Office Assistant/Bulletin Editor
Interim Director of Music & Liturgy
Thrift Shop Manager
Readings for the week of November 28, 2021
- Sunday: Jer 33:14-16 / Ps 25:4-5, 8-9, 10, 14 [1b] / 1 Thes 3:12—4:2 / Lk 21:25-28, 34-36
- Monday: Is 2:1-5 / Ps 122:1-2, 3-4b, 4cd-5, 6-7, 8-9 / Mt 8:5-11
- Tuesday: Rom 10:9-18 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Mt 4:18-22
- Wednesday: Is 25:6-10a / Ps 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6 / Mt 15:29-37
- Thursday: Is 26:1-6 / Ps 118:1 and 8-9, 19-21, 25-27a / Mt 7:21, 24-27
- Friday: Is 29:17-24 / Ps 27:1, 4, 13-14 / Mt 9:27-31
- Saturday: Is 30:19-21, 23-26 / Ps 147:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 / Mt 9:35—10:1, 5a, 6-8
- Next Sunday: Bar 5:1-9 / Ps 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6  / Phil 1:4-6, 8-11 / Lk 3:1-6